Who is Mike Seltzer?Mike has over 15 years of experience with home systems, construction, and design.
Mike Seltzer, owner of Inspector Seltzer, has over 15 years of experience with home systems, construction, and design. Mike studied engineering at Rutgers and Mercer County Community College and founded Hands On Construction in 2002. Since then, he has accumulated a wealth of home remodeling and repair experience, from electric to plumbing to construction.
Mike is a certified Home Inspector in the State of New Jersey, having trained with Inspection21 Home Inspection Institute, completed the National Home Inspector Examination, and studied with Paul Lanaris of Best Home Inspections. He is a certified Radon Measurement Technician with the State of New Jersey, having been certified by Environmental Solutions Association. As of 2018 he holds a certification for Mold and Indoor Air Quality from Environmental Consultants & Affiliates Network LLC. Mike has a remote pilot license from the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) in the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles/Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones). He is also licensed as a Commercial Pesticide Applicator by the authority of The Department of Environmental Protection of the State of New Jersey.
If you are buying a home, call Mike for an inspection. He will identify and discuss important issues about your home:
- Are there structural issues?
- Is the floor not level?
- Are there cracks in the foundation?
- Has there been concrete deterioration or stoop rotation?
- Is there wood rot?
- How are the functional support columns?
- What is the condition of the main beam and floor joists?
- Is there water damage?
- What is the overall condition of the interior?
- What is the air quality?
- Is there mold that should be remediated?
- What is the operating condition of the electrical system, HVAC, plumbing, and other systems in the house?
Simply put, Mike knows everything there is to know about your new home. His expertise makes Inspector Seltzer unparalleled in quality and professionalism.